They say that first impressions are everything. When it comes to your home, we couldn’t agree more. Your overall curb appeal can indicate what type of homeowner you are and what sort of lifestyle you may live. One surefire way to leave a positive, long-lasting impression is ensuring that your siding is as beautiful and cared for as your home. While there are many types of siding that you can choose from, we at Ferguson Roofing recommend choosing either vinyl siding or LP SmartSide. The question is this: which will last longer? Find out more below!
Created in the 1950s as a substitute for aluminum siding, vinyl is one of the most popular choices on the market today. In fact, approximately 32% of all new home constructions use vinyl siding in some capacity. It’s easy to see why – vinyl siding boasts several benefits that customers have been enjoying for decades, including:
- A quick and easy installation
- Effortless maintenance that never requires painting or staining
- An affordable solution that gives customers the most bang for their buck
- Energy-saving siding panels, which increase home value, lower utility costs, and help protect the environment
- A beautiful and simple way to boost curb appeal
Fiber cement is another siding choice available to homeowners; however, it is often costly and requires maintenance. LP SmartSide
is a time-tested alternative that offers consumers a host of benefits, including:
- Exceptional durability and resilience to moisture
- A quick, safe, easy installation
- The ability to withstand extreme weather conditions and events
- A gorgeous wood finish without the potential for warping, pest damage, or fungal decay
- An extensive variety of textures, colors, widths, and lengths, making customization possibilities limitless
Which Will Last Longer?
Both vinyl siding and LP SmartSide are durable, long-lasting options to protect your home. You can expect both products to last well over 20 years with hardly any maintenance needed on your part. The experts at Ferguson Roofing can help determine which siding is more advantageous for your home.
How Do You Know You Need New Siding?
In case you were wondering if it’s time to update to new siding, here are a few key signs to look out for:
- The material has holes, cracks, warping, or other signs of damage
- Mold, mildew, or fungus has begun growing on the product
- Your heating and cooling systems aren’t functioning as efficiently as they should
When it’s time to update your home’s look, Ferguson Roofing is there with whatever you may need! Call us today in Missouri at (314) 521-6917 or in Illinois at (618) 212-1912 to get started.