Roofing and the siding protect against the elements and will age over time. While it’s possible to replace them simultaneously, it will make more sense to replace one before the other. Yet, many people don’t know which order to go in. Continue reading to find out!
When both the roof and the siding need replacing, it raises the question of which order to go in. Generally, the roof should come first, and the reason is simple. If the siding is replaced first, then putting on a new roof could damage the siding. Both will provide your home with many benefits once newly installed.
Replacing the roof is one of the best home improvements you can make. Your roof protects your home and could be expensive to repair as it ages.
- Comfort at Home: You should feel comfortable inside your home. With a new roof, you won’t need to worry about leaks or other issues with every major weather event that comes through.
- Safety and Security: Old roofs are a safety hazard, as they are less likely to withstand extreme weather. A new roof will stand up better to strong winds and rain, improving the safety and security of your home.
Siding provides character and charm while protecting your home from rain and extreme temperatures. For these reasons, your siding should be kept in peak condition.
- Energy Efficiency: Most older homes have minimal to no installation on the exterior walls. So, this is a good time to increase the R-value and lower your heating and cooling costs.
- Curb Appeal: Siding ages and fades in color over time, and replacing it will freshen the exterior look of your house. You can even change what you currently have by choosing a different color or material.
- Structural Integrity: With old siding, it’s possible for rainwater to leak around the windows, causing structural damage. It’s generally possible to repair these damages and replace the siding at the same time.
When it comes to replacing the roof and siding, it’s time to call in the experts! Ferguson Roofing has solutions for everyone’s budget and continuously integrates greener options. We have a large selection of top-notch shingles, metal roofs, and flat roofs, as well as your choice of high-quality Vinyl or LP SmartSide siding. Contact us for your free consultation today!