Throughout our website we’ve talked about the importance of selecting a reputable contractor to install your roof. Your roof protects your greatest investment and a contractor is only one piece of the equation when it comes to a successful and lasting roof installation. Your roof is only as good as the materials installed on it!
In case you haven’t come across our guidelines for selecting a reputable contractor, here’s a recap!
Make sure any contractor you hire to work on your home is:
- Fully insured and can provide current Workman’s comp and liability insurance certificates.
- Local –this means more than just saying ‘local’.
- In good standing with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), Roofing & Siding Contractors Alliance (RSCA) and other organizations.
- Offering appropriate workmanship warranties – and can support them!
- Providing detailed proposals and setting clear expectations.
- Referred by friends, insurance companies or whomever you trust.
At Ferguson Roofing, we give a 15 year workmanship warranty on all of our full shingle roof installations. Often times this gets confused with warranties shingle manufacturers offer on their products. Every manufacturer has different products and varied warranty coverage. It is the homeowner’s responsibility to fill out the paperwork and send it in to the shingle manufacturer in order to qualify for their warranties, but we figured we’d make it a little easier to do!
Here are downloads for our most popular shingle manufacturers’ warranty forms. If you have any questions or need help filling out your forms, please let us know!
***Commercial roofing and modified/flat roof applications have their own set of warranties.
Click here to request more information about commercial and flat roof warranties.